This month, the second version of our mobile app for The Alliance for Downtown New York was featured in the East edition of Meetings Focus Magazine. The magazine, which is geared toward meeting professionals of the East Coast highlight the app in their Short Takes section.
The app is the most in depth mobile resource for ‘where to go’ and ‘what to do’ in Lower Manhattan. Created for residents, businesses and visitors, Version 2.0 adds in detailed information on all of Lower Manhattan’s renowned cultural institutions, retailers, restaurants, hotels, meeting spaces and more.
New features of the app include:
- New ‘Where To Go’ section featuring shopping, dining information and hotels
- Daily cultural, community, and culinary events
- Location maps featuring ‘Get Directions’
- ‘My Favorites’ feature, allowing you to mark your favorite events and locations to save for later
- New search functionality for searching events or locations
- Special events and holiday highlights
- Alerts i.e., street closings
“Everyone spending time in Lower Manhattan – whether visiting South Street Seaport, the 9/11 Memorial or Stone Street for a drink – should download this app,” says I-SITE CEO Ian Cross. “With Downtown Alliance’s great data and the intuitive design we created, we think the app is a great tool not just for visitors, but also for the growing number of residents and businesses that call Lower Manhattan home.”
Download the app for iPhone from the Apple’s iTunes store.